- It is an object-oriented programming language that uses prototypes other than the classes of inheritance feature and supports both dynamic and imperative functional programming styles.
- It is a light-weighted, flexible, multi-paradigm, scalable and interpreted scripting language for web page development.
- Mobile applications,
- Desktop applications,
- Web servers,
- Client-side validation,
- Dynamic drop-down menus displaying date and time,
- Displaying pop-up windows and dialog boxes like an alert dialog box, prompt dialog box and confirm dialog box,
- Displaying clocks and much more.